The Wheeler brothers from Massachusetts lived a span of eighty years in Ouray. Charles Wheeler arrived in 1876 with his wife, Abbie. In 1882, they purchased lots on Oak Street and built the Wheeler House. Charles, with others, in 1877 established the Bank of Ouray. In 1878, as President of the Ouray Water Works, he established the first water supply for the Town of Ouray by bringing water from Cascade Falls, northeast of town. Richard K. Franz family lived in the house for fifty years. It was bought by Larry and Barbara Meckel in 1979.
Info from source, the Doris Gregory book; Houses on Oak Street, a Walk into History.