The Larsen House sits on the south end of Oak Street. Martin and Ida Larsen bought the land in 1901. Martin found work in the nearby mines which for him proved to be a great misfortune. His life ended tragedy as he contracted miners consumption while working in a quartzite mine below the city. He died in 1906. It has been owned by many families since the Larson’s. In 1960, a fire damaged the entire house and it was reconstructed. Only the inside of the house was damaged.
Info from Doris Gregory’s book, Houses on Oak Street.