The Rathmell house and barn built in 1896 by Milton Moore, mining partner of George Wright who lived next door to the north. Moore and the Wright Brothers owned the Grizzle Bear Group of mines. The house sold to George Wright after the Moore’s lived in it for five years. The Wrights sold the home to William and Minnie Rathmell. After that the house to a relative of the Rathmells, the Fords. John and Patricia Ford bought the house on June 6, 1967. Pat Ford was the granddaughter of Ruth Rathmell’s father, W. L. Donaldson. It remained in the Rathmell family for over 100 years. In 2013, it was sold by the sons and daughter of the Fords to Ralph and Tonya McCormick.
It is a beautiful restored home. The fireplace and interior bring back the taste and time of the 1896 life.
Here is the view from the house.