In the fall of 1887, Hon. Charles McIntyre built a two story log cabin with hand hewn logs on the site of the present Kimball House. On July 7, 1880, Charles McIntyre sold his Oak Street house to Thomas Kimball. The original log house burned in 1899, a new house was built and is still standing today. The property was inherited by Claude Miner, a nephew, who sold it to Frank Rice in 1939. In 1948, it was purchased by Col. and Helen O’Brien. It is know as the “House of Yesteryear”. For more info refer to Gregory’s book, Houses on Oak Street: A WALK INTO HISTORY.